Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm comfortable with being an Elitist

I had a very strange weekend. Nothing annoyed me even the slightest. I do have a reason for my good mood, as on Friday I learned that I was selected as a finalist for a contest that I am very excited about. But I won't go into details until that's all done. I'm just happy that, win or not, I was still selected as one of the few good enough to be considered. Being elite is awesome.

And I find that being in such good spirits makes me want to write in my blog. But about what? People don't want to read about happiness, right? It's so mundane and subjective. But you know what? Screw you. I'm happy and you're just going to have to deal with it.

So Friday was fantastic news for me day. And then the Mets won. With Davis and Takahashi being impressive.

On Saturday I made scrumptious delights. It was fun, but a little stressful. I tried out a new recipe for the first time. I made Butterfinger styled cupcakes. They were chocolate with peanut butter frosting and peanut brittle sprinkled on top. Normally I have no problem trying a recipe for the first time, but I fear baking and the horrible ways in which everything can go wrong if I make one simple little mistake. Luckily for me I rarely make mistakes and the cupcakes turned out fantastic!

And then the Mets won. And finally reached .500

I went to the Daffodil Festival on Sunday. It was awesome. It was ever so slightly raining, which meant there were practically no people around. There were still some, but it was way less heinous than previous years. Especially since it was a little chilly too. Nothing is more gross than going to a packed festival in sweltering heat and being surrounded by gross people eating unappealing food with children running around with sno-cone coloring stained to their faces. No thanks. Rainy and chilly and sparse is the way to go. It was quite enjoyable. And I got a really pretty necklace and matching earrings for a grand total of $9.

And then the Mets won again. And are now over .500 and tied for 2nd. My love for the day's rain must have helped since they won due to a rain-shortened game.

Sometimes life can be good. As long as no one annoying and terrible is trying to engage you in conversation.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP