Thursday, April 22, 2010

Group Training Is So Very Very Fun

Everyone has done some sort of training for a job, right? Well, hopefully. I just got home from a 6ish hour long training for a call center. I won't say which call-center, and I won't give out details about training because I don't want to get in trouble, but I don't see any problem with telling you about the people there.

It was a fairly large training group, probably close to 30 people. And of course with a group that large there is a good chance that at least 5 people will be obnoxious. First, there was the repulsive large ass-crack of a lady sitting in front of me. Throughout the 6 hours it somehow got larger and larger and more disgusting. Now, I don't make a habit of looking at large ass-cracks, however it was one of those things that once you notice you cant go back and make yourself un-notice it. You know, like people with horrible face moles or people who muffin-top.

That wasn't even that bad. Behind me I had the loud-breathing, gum-popping, hard-candy clacking, constantly shifting kind of guy. Those are all actions that I highly despise. And to make matters worse, the fact that he was sitting behind me made it so that I couldn't even glare at the back of his head, or shift obviously away from him while making a disgusted face. You know, because passive-aggressive is how I roll. The best I could do was completely turn around while he asked an irrelevant question and stare unblinking at him with a creepy smile. I'm classy like that.

And that guy brings me to the questions. Oh the questions. The stupid, pointless, waste of time questions. Here was how half the time went: "What if a customer wants (insert something that can't even happen) to put on a (insert item that doesn't exist) and there isn't a store that can do that?" The answer is obvious to me: "Tell them we can't do that." And on and on and on these questions went. I could tell even the trainer was getting annoyed. This was just the intro training, can't they save the detailed and pointless questions for training with the actual programs?

It always baffles me just how very unprofessional people are. And by "baffles me" what I really mean is "annoys the crap out of me." There were people texting in their pocketbooks, as if that isn't obvious. It's bad enough when high school kids do it, but employees? Really? You're going to do that during training and then ask them to repeat something because you were too busy texting to listen? Also, remember this is a call-center, what about the people with the "I gotta ax yous a question." How did they get this job? It's a call-center! All you have to be able to do is speak clearly and coherently! I just don't get it.

Well, overall I am excited for this job. It will be nice to have steady, easy work for a few weeks. Now that group training is done I'm hoping everything will be less annoying. Oh, I know I'll have many customers to deal with, but I expect them to not know what's going on. After all, they wouldn't be calling me if they knew how to fix their own problems, so I'll let them be confused at me for a few minutes. It's all good.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP